Friday, January 19, 2007

life is sometimes cruel

We got a call last night that Kip's cousin killed his 9 year daughter.

He took Madison and a bunch of teenager's sledding at 9:00 at night. He was pulling her and a teen behind his truck in a school yard, he tried to make a sharp turn and the sled flew into a brick bench. Madison died of head and chest trauma. He had been drinking. Ya. Drinking.

Anyways, I'll link the story if you want to read but please hug your kids today & tell them that you love them. Also, I can't IMAGINE what is in store for this family. Please keep them in your prayers.

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_011707WABfataltubingaxKC.4e31c365.html

www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_011807_news_inner_tube_death_update.51c29811.html

2 comments:

Michele (Moosh) said...

My stomach just leapt into my throat.

We had no idea. Yes, we've seen all the media on this...seen the pictures...and I shed a few tears quite honestly. I cannot imagine what Pete must be feeling right now. It's been a rough week with Maddie--she apparently knows that she's now two, and I was really feeling frustrated and spent--and then this story aired and I looked at my beautiful little girl with different eyes. I can't wrap my brain around any thought other than what a horrific tragedy. Prayers for your whole family, Kip.

Marina said...

Oh Nicole I am so saddened to hear of this. What a tragedy. I can't even imageine what the family must be going through right now. My heart and prayers go out to all those involved in this. May God be with them as they try to heal from this accident.

When the kiddies get home I will be giving them some hugs and kisses.