Thursday, January 18, 2007

setting the scene

Warning: This blog shall encompass most, if not all bodily functions. If you suffer from a weak stomach I shall suggest you move along.

My name is Nicole and I am a stay at home mom.

dull
dull
dull

Okay, I know you are getting ready to yawn but wait! I promise I'll try to remain as un-stay-at-home-mommy-ish as possible. I'll leave out the yawn...well, for the most part and bring out the yippee in my day to day life. "Momma needs vodka" is my way of sharing the reality of staying at home with your kid. I don't sugar coat and I don't beat around the bush. I hope you find that a refreshing change and enjoy the peak into our lives.

So my kid is sleeping. Well, I think she is. I put her in her crib and loaded her up with milk (skipped the Tylenol this time...ahemmm) and shut the door. I'm in my Oasis. The laundry room. ya, ya. We are developing the basement and as an "in the meantime" solution I plopped my computer amongst the dirty knickers and barfy tees. Nice, right?

Us...

Katie is my kid. 20 months old, horribly cute (and do I dare say, a dead ringer for her mom...wink, wink, nudge, nudge) and has an attitude like nobody's business (certainly inherited from her dad) She is the love of my life. She is my life.

Kip is my hubby. 37. Again, horribly cute. Less attitude, more humour. The calm in the family.

Bailey. 3 year Boxer. Frighteningly overweight, yet still cute. Official Hoover for our household.

Me. 31. Retired flight attendant. Stay at home mom who is dabbling in a gift basket business to stave off craziness. I'm glue, the pants, the ruler of the house! I am the Queen.


So, that's US.

I hope you enjoy the blog. I welcome all comments, suggestions, drink recipes...

later gators.

3 comments:

Marina said...

so glad you decided to jump on the bloggerband wagon.

Yippee something new and more to read when I am bored at work.

Michele (Moosh) said...

Yay!!!

I can tell you right now, as much as I LOVE being a SAHM, I have wanted a drink so many times this week! :-)

Lets hope this is a phase!

Got your blog bookmarked...can't wait to tune in!

GirlyWarrior said...

dope!