Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Squashed

It's boobie day!

Nothing like starting out your day knowing that your going to be felt up and not in the "backseat of the car" kinda way. However, interestingly enough, the prep work is the same. Shave pits, lotion, perfume. Nice bra. Cute top.
Too bad the results aren't as satisfying as a good ole make out session a la teen years.

My doctor was great. Cold hands though. Icicles.

She did feel the lump...only after I showed her where it was though. I guess I have lumpy boobs. Wonder if that was put on my chart?

Diagnosis. lumpy breasts.

Anyways, she just said that lumpy breasts were common after having babies and it just makes it harder to check for the suspicious variety.
She scheduled me for a mammogram and "squeezed" in for this afternoon.


The squash.

Why everyone says it hurts so much is beyond me. Mind you, the tech did say I had a very high pain tolerance and that she was able to get the maximum squish necessary to get good, clear pictures. Yay me! She also said that because the lump moves I should consider it a good sign. Again, a yay!
They took 4 pictures. You get a front squish and a side squash. They flop your girls on the table and literally press the machine down until you say you can't take it anymore. They take the picture fast and then move on to the next angle. Not much to tell really...it was a pretty easy procedure.
I would normally get the results in a week but since my doctor is away I have to wait 2.
That is a long time when one's boobs, be it that they are a lumpy mess, are on the line...doncha think?

So until 14 days pass...

Let's move on!

1 comment:

GirlyWarrior said...

YAY for squish-able boobs ... not yay for lumpy breasts (which I have also, sucks major!)
I'm thinking of you, hope it goes well, results come back that it was just something like a pea, you know?