Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Better make it a double

This is a face destined for the Vodka bottle. Seriously.
2 weeks of vacation=one cranky child.

Yay, that I am oozing with news...boo, that today is the first day in over a month that my kid will nap. No nap. No Blog!

Starting with...Kip has a new job! He got it the same week we sold our house, it was a crazy week I tell ya! He is an official Telus employee now! Woot! Woot! Yay Kip!

I applied to Jenny Craig and was offered a position there as a program director. Sounded like a good opportunity and the money was a big lure but they wanted me to work split shifts, every Saturday and holidays. Uh, no thanks. I turned down the job but YAY ME for getting an offer.

We went to Oregon for a week on an impromptu get away. We spent a few days in The Dalles with Kip's mom and then headed to Yakima to see his dad.
(I ate a lot, A LOT, of cherries. Really, really a lot.)
Kip and I managed to grab some alone time and even squeezed in a date day in Portland. Gotta LOVE having all those babysitters around...hello! In Portland we hit all of our old dating spots....it was incredibly romantic and much needed. We held hands, shopped, went for lunch...man, if you ever feel like you are in a funk...go to where you fell in love. It was a huge AWWWWWW for us.
Manly, our vacation was letting Katie show off for the Grandparents. And she did, quite well actually. Oh and eating cherries.
Jim and Linda met us back home for a nice week long visit. Again, access to free babysitting is priceless!

So...full circle to the vodka bottle. Um, ya. Good times on holidays followed by a week of "undoing". Hitting. Yup, she picked that up real quick from one of her cousins. Gave me a nice little lump on my nose...weapon of choice, board-book.

Just about killed her.

Time Out.
Time Out.
Time Out.

And sleeping. Or lack there of.

"mommy? coming?"
"I cry mommy"
*thrash, thrash*
"daddy? nap?"
*thrash*
"I cry"
*thrash* *cry* *thrash*

Things appear to be calming down now. Pray for me, my sanity. I'd hate to blog from the loony bin & somehow I doubt that vodka is even on the menu.

I'm currently in negotiations with my hair. I am thinking of doing something drastic like a nice summer CHOP! I had my hair short like that a few times and I feel like it's time for a change. Will post a picture IF I do it. The growing out bit is where I am hesitating. So brutal.

Okay, later gators!

(60 pounds of cherries. Seriously)

(Devoured the book, "A Thousand Splendid Suns" during our road trip. So good! A must read!)

1 comment:

Marina said...

Glad to hear you had a great visit with Kip's family, too bad about the hitting. I know it is a phase, that hopefully she will learn very quickly is an unacceptable one. Time outs work, but you have to be firm and ignore the wailing that will inevitable come with them.

Glad to hear things are moving right along for you guys, new jobs, new house and new opportunities!!!